Venue: North Greenwich Arena
Dates: Friday 3rd – Saturday 4th August
Competing Athletes: 32
Medal Events: 2
Gymnasts perform a series of short routines, which contain a variety of twists, bounces and somersaults. Precise technique and perfect body control are vital for success, with judges delivering marks for difficulty, execution and flight time.
Each individual competition for men and women features two phases: the qualification round and the final round. Athletes perform two routines in the qualification round. The eight athletes with the best scores advance to the finals for one more routine, which determines the results of the competition.
- Adolph: A front somersault with 3½ twists.
- Barani: A front somersault with a half-twist.
- Fliffus: A double somersault with at least a half-twist.
- Quadriffus: A quadruple somersault with at least a half-twist.
- Rudolph: A front somersault with 1½ twists, sometimes known as a 'Rudy'.
Womens Gymnastics Trampoline final from the 2007 World Championships